Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Purpose of This Blog

I received an interesting email today. This is a quote from it. "Young people have the propensity of 'me, me, me' as evident in your 'blog'." Apparently this person has COMPLETELY missed the point of this blog. My dear friends and family, as you are well aware I started this blog over a year ago for the sole purpose of keeping you up to date with our growing family. We live so far away from our dear families and only get to see them once or twice a year. We hope that can change since we have moved further east. That being said, this blog was my way of allowing our family members to stay connected with us visually with pictures, occasional videos and of course funny stories about the kids. This blog IS about our family and that is what is was created to be. The kid's great grandparents (whom they see once a year) consider themselves blessed to stay connected with their grandkids.

So if you are frequenting this blog in hopes of getting ministry updates, that is not what it was created for. Our ministry updates come in a form of a prayer letter. If you are interested in receiving this letter, please leave a comment.

Thanks for visiting our blog! Our children are VERY special to us and are a COMPLETE GIFT FROM GOD. If you know our story, you know that is true. God has blessed us greatly!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Valorie,
I want to say that I am so thankful that God directed my path to your blog. I love reading about your family and the awesome way that God has blessed it. I may never meet you in person, but I am so thankful for the connection that we share! (((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

*high five*

:o)

Kelly said...

You go girl!

Ann-Marie said...

I love reading your blog - it's wonderful that we reconnected.

Although, I have to say my own blog is completely about me, me, me! :-) At least, I'm a "young person."

Catherine said...

I LOVE your blog, Val. I created our blog for the same reasons you stated, but also as a kind of journal of family happenings - which can be printed out someday, and kept as a record!

You have such a cute family, and you're bringing them up to be good christian people, I can tell. Love you guys!