Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I am finally getting around to posting our Christmas pictures. This year we stayed home and had a nice quiet Christmas with just the four of us. It was so much fun watching the kids be so excited about everything.

We had a Christmas Eve service at our church and it was lovely. I wish would have taken a picture of Andrew holding the candle during the candlelight service. He was so in awe of everything. Following the service a bunch of us went caroling to a couple in our church family. The wife just had surgery and was very disappointed that her doctor told her to stay home and recuperate. She was shocked and thrilled when 25 people from her church family showed up at her house on Christmas Eve night to sing carols to her. We also brought a birthday cake for Jesus, which we all shared together. It was a special time for everyone there.




This is Carole all dressed up and ready to go to our Christmas Eve service at the church.




And here is Andrew all dressed up and ready to go as well.




The princess had to make a pit stop on her throne before we vacated the castle. Potty training is going so much better! She takes herself to the potty now and has very few accidents.




I captured this moment on camera a few days before Christmas. They both snuggled up together to watch "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."




Many of you know that we had limited space in our moving truck when we moved here. I had to leave my couch and love seat behind. I had no problem with this because they were very uncomfortable to sit in and were used when we got them. Also, our new living room here is much smaller and they would not have fit. Thanks to my Grandpa and Grandma, I have a new couch! They gave us money for Christmas and we used it to buy our very first BRAND NEW couch. Phil was able to pick it up before Christmas too!



Christmas day was a lot of fun. Andrew got up first. He was more concerned about whether Santa had found the cookies he left out for him than he was about opening presents. He was happy that Santa had indeed found them and even left a note for him. While the kids were waiting for breakfast they got to peek into their stockings. Carole loved getting her new tiara. Andrew got several things he liked, but was concerned because it was not what he had asked Santa for. He said, "Mom, I told Santa that I wanted a batman!" He proceeded to shake everything out of his stocking and said, "It's not here! Santa messed up!" I started laughing. Phil calmly told him not to worry because there were still presents under the tree. Andrew replied, "I know, Dad, but those are from YOU not Santa and I told HIM I wanted a Batman!" LOL!




Santa brought our princess her very first tiara and earring set.


Here is Andrew opening his present from Uncle Chris and Aunt Susanna. It was a Batmobile! It turned out to be his favorite gift of the day!





Andrew enjoying his new batmobile.





Here is Carole opening her favorite present of the day. A new princess quilt for her bed!





As soon as it was opened she dove under! She LOVES her new "pincess" bed.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to hear from you! I am so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. The kids looked thrilled, and I love your Christmas tree.

Blessed Mama said...

Looks like Carole and Andrew had a great Christmas. You took some cute pics of them. Lately my kids won't cooperate when it comes to having their picture taken. It's so frustrating. And I LOVE your new couch. How fun to get new furniture!

Mindee said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I love the new couch!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Carole's dress is beautiful. I love the picture of her on the "throne". It's like she's looking at you, and wondering how old she has to be before you stop taking pictures of her on the toilet. rofl. :)

Ann-Marie said...

I love the photos with the fancy dress on the "throne." That's one to save to show to the future boyfriend!