Thursday, January 29, 2009

Andrew's Loud Mouth and Snakes

Loud Mouth
Last night I was in the kitchen fixing supper and I had a question for Phil. Thinking he was just in the next room, I raised my voice some and asked the question. No answer. I didn't know it, but he was actually in his study. Not wanting to look up from what I was doing I said, "Umm... hello?" No answer. Andrew, who was sitting at the dining room table watching me, shouted at the top of his lungs, "DADDY! MOMMY IS TALKING TO YOU!" I then turned around and realized Phil wasn't even in the room. After hearing Andrew yelling, Phil came to see what I needed. I asked the question, Phil answered, incident over, right?

Wrong.

When Phil left the room again, Andrew spoke up. He said, "Mom, you have a quiet voice and I have a loud one. My mouth is really, REALLY loud. So if you ever need anything you tell me. Everyone can hear my loud mouth. It's really, REALLY loud."

Snakes
A few days ago Andrew was having spaghetti for lunch. Suddenly he thoughtfully looked up and said, "Snakes, when they die, they go to the factory and are turned into noodles."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loud mouth--too funny. At least you know he's there for you. :)

Snakes--GROSS!

Sara (Chicago Girl) said...

Unfortunately I have the biggest mouth of anyone I know. I wish I was a softer spoken person. And I really hope that is not what happens to snakes. Yuck! I hate snakes, but love noodles. *wink