Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Morning With Carole



This morning with Carole was a huge challenge. First of all, it took me 15 minutes just to put a dress on her. She wanted to wear her pajamas all day. Secondly, she has officially entered the "I do it myself" stage (or in her case, the "Cawole do it" stage). My mom just laughs when I tell her of Carole's antics. She said I was the same way at her age and my favorite sentence was... "I do it, I do it myself." ;o) Like mother, like daughter. This morning Carole wanted to put her church shoes on all by herself. She looked at me while grabbing the shoes out of my hands and said, "Cawole do it. It's Cawole's turn, Mommy. Cawole do it." I gave in and let her do it herself. She struggled at first and I reached out to help. She looked at me with evil eyes, began to scoot away, and said, "MOMMY! It's Cawole's turn!" After ten minutes of struggling, she finally was successful! She was very proud of herself until I told her it wasn't time to leave for church yet. That is why she is crying in the last picture of her and that is why she refused to smile when I tried to get her picture with Andrew. *sigh* Life with a two year old is always interesting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! And she has such a grown up look on her face in that last photo!

Anonymous said...

What a little doll! She is growing up so fast. Don't you just love the "I do it myself"