Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of School

As promised, here are the pictures of Andrew getting ready for his first day of school. He was none too happy when mommy made him pose for the camera but he gave me smiles anyway.





I walked him out to his bus and noticed he was getting nervous. Last year for 3 year old preschool his teacher and assistant came and picked him up in a passenger van. For 4 year old preschool things changed. So I think when he saw the big yellow school bus and his teacher and assistant were nowhere to be see, he started to get scared. The bus driver's helper had to get out and coax him to get in the bus. I got on with him and saw him get all buckled up. He was brave and smiling big when they drove away. No tears from him, but mommy was fighting tears. ;o) He said there was a boy who cried a lot for his mommy and he had to go home. "But I didn't cry mommy. I didn't really miss you." *sniff, sniff*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a big, big boy! Yes, those boys are brave. Eli didn't cry for me either the first day. It is very bitter-sweet.

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

He is absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

He looks so happy! I love it!