Sunday, February 01, 2009

Our Dear Girl

Our sweet little dolly is still not doing so good. Yesterday she had a few more breathing attacks. When she would have an attack I would run her outside to clear her lungs. The cold air always seemed to do the trick. It got to the point that she would come running to me and say with her hoarse little voice, "Help, mommy, my froat. I need to go outside. Quick!" Bless her heart.

I was about to take to the ER because she just couldn't breathe. As a last resort, I had her take a hot shower. She thought that was pretty fun and ended playing in there for about 15 minutes. Even after that, she still was struggling to get a breath. So then I boiled a pot of water and had her breathe the steam. That seemed to do the trick. Although she is still wheezing, she has not had anymore scary attacks. Now we have moved on to the fun part of the sickness. A terrible head cold. That poor girl has so much fluid coming out of her pretty little face! (Sorry if that is too much information.)

She tries to remain cheerful in spite of it all.



This is our dear little "Snots."
For those of you who are praying, THANK YOU SO MUCH! We've had a scary past few days, but God has been gracious!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless her little heart!

Kelly said...

Poor Baby. You can tell she has "sick eyes". But she's still a beauty!
Love the snot pic! Classic!
(When she's engaged to one of my boys later in life ;), you can torture her with that pic!)

Mindee said...

Poor little girl!

Ann-Marie said...

Aww...poor thing. I remember you making some of those same faces when we were at Moody...so at least we know where she gets it from!