Monday, February 09, 2009

Checking In

Hi friends! It's been awhile. Yes, we are still alive. Once Carole got better, Andrew got sick. He didn't get it near as bad as Carole, but he was still pretty sick. Of course I had to get it too, but I cannot complain. It didn't affect me like it did them. So we are pretty much back to normal.

Here is a picture of Andrew when he was sick. He reacts completely different than Carole does. He acts like he is dying and the whole world just might cave in, while his sister keeps on living life to its fullest.
One day while Carole was sick she came into the kitchen looking like this. She wanted to go play outside. Do you see anything wrong with this picture? :) Crazy girl! I guess she was feeling a bit stir crazy.

I did create a few cards over the past week. My Dad's birthday was yesterday. He is Mr. Fix-It type of guy. I found these stickers at Wal-Mart.
Phil came up with some witty sayings for the inside. I thought it turned out cute.

A couple in our church lost their elderly father in a tool shed fire this past week. I had to come up with quick sympathy card when I didn't feel the greatest.

As most of you know, Phil is on our town's Volunteer Fire Department. As a result he has been taking Firefighter classes two nights a week. This past week he had to go in his gear for some hands on training. I can't resist my man in uniform! And in the kitchen, no less! ;) I love you, Phil!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you all are better!!

Have you and Phil seen Fireproof? If not, you HAVE to watch it; I was reminded of it seeing Phil in his uniform.

Ann-Marie said...

Well, it seems Andrew is well on his way to becoming a man - they tend toward the sick-and-dying routine, IMHO! :-) I'm so glad Carole is feeling better, and I LOVE her outfit...she's definitely ready for her close-up!