Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Entertaining Children

First of all check out these pictures of Carole. When she came into the kitchen to show me, I just starting laughing and grabbed the camera. LOL! She is sporting big brothers Curious George hat, her new scarf from Nana, and some beautiful pink sandals.

I don't know about you, but I just love the sock and sandals look! :) Just kidding.


Okay, and now for the funny stories.

Story #1
Yesterday Andrew and I went out on a date. We went out to lunch and went shopping. He had some birthday money burning a hole in his pocket. Anyway, while we were shopping I told him we needed to pick up some thank you cards for him to give to people who gave him birthday presents and money. He didn't say much at that time and just went right along with picking some out. On our way home I mentioned that after his nap he needed to help me write his thank you notes. He said, "I don't need to do that, Mom. I will just tell Jesus that I said thank you and then He can tell everyone else what I said." LOL! Out of the mouth of babes.

Story #2
Lately, Carole has been taking forever to eat her meals. I just leave her sit there and she knows she can't get down until her food is gone. Well, last night everyone had finished eating and had left the table. Phil and Andrew went to someone's house and I was in the kitchen cleaning up. Carole was still sitting there playing with her food. While I was rinsing the dishes and loading the dishwasher I heard her mumbling. I turned the water off and turned around to look at her. Her back was to me, so she could not see me. She was sitting there holding her spoon up to ear like a phone. This is what I heard...

Hello? Ando, are you there?
pause

This is Cawole. How are you?
pause
Are you at the mall?
pause
What are you doing?
pause

You need to come home.
pause

I said you need to come home and take a bath. You stink.
pause

Ando, you better hurry up and come home and take a bath cause you really stink, okay?
pause

Okay. Bye, Ando

I starting laughing so hard!! She turned around and realized that I was laughing at her and she quickly put her spoon down and started eating. I think she was embarrassed. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny! I love the stories. Isn't it funny what kinds of things they come up with to talk about?

Love the pics!

Ann-Marie said...

Hilarious! I loved her outfit, too!