Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

It has been awhile since I've posted so on this very cold day I thought it was time to update you on this family of four. We have been experiencing some VERY cold temps here so in return the kids are getting a touch of cabin fever. And you all know that when a kid gets bored they tend to do things they know they shouldn't. Enough said. Pray for us! :o) It was -12 here today with 30-40 below wind chills!

Here are some pictures of them killing the time but not getting into trouble. They sure can be creative.

Carole has been into princesses lately. So in turn, she thinks she is a princess. Daddy and Mommy think so too. Well, most of the time. LOL! Andrew is always running around declaring, "I'm batman!" One day out of the blue Carole replied, "I'm Kitty Princess!"




Here is the princess trying to get her royal dollar store shoes on.





There was one day when the temperature actually made it into the 20's. So we bundled the kids up and let them play in the snow. We got 10 inches one night, so there was plenty to play in.




Here are a couple of box heads. In a moment of boredom, they raided my recycling pile a found a couple of kleenex boxes that made some nice hats. Creative, huh? And yes, those are my slippers Carole is wearing. ;o)





Last week Andrew had his Christmas program at preschool. It was hard to get good pictures as the lighting was not that good. So this picture is a frame I froze from a video clip I took. He was a VERY good shepherd. He had a hard time standing where his teacher wanted him to, but he sang so well!! His voice over powered the other children, not in a bad way, but more so because he actually knew all the words. He was so proud of himself and so were we!





And what does a 4.5 year old do to keep himself busy in church? Put stickers on his eyes! His Nana got him a dinosaur sticker book for his birthday this past year and today he found the eye stickers. And of course, Mommy had her camera with her! ;o)

3 comments:

Blessed Mama said...

Andrew was such a cute shephard

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures. Nothing like princesses and box heads and dinosaurs eyes and shepards!! Would you beleive me if I told you Chris and Eli wore shorts yesterday? It was almost 80 degrees. Today it has cooled off considerably--it will freeze tonight. So, I am envious of your white Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love all of the pictures. Especially the royal dollar store shoes. lol!

Merry Christmas Val & family! :)