Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Still Alive

Wow! A lot has happened since I last posted. I had to go in a few times for IV hydration and the third time I went in I was admitted to the hospital. There I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum. After trying many different medications I am now able to actually eat and drink and keep it down. I think I am finally past going in for IV's. I still vomit once a day and feel nauseated 24 hours a day, but at least I don't have to be in the hospital. I am now entering my 15th week of pregnancy and I am officially out of the first trimester.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. Keep them coming. This has been hard on all of us but we know it will be worth it all in the end. Phil has been awesome through all of this. I love him so much! I know this has been taking a toll on him.

While I was very sick, my wonderful mother-in-law drove out here to help us out. When she arrived she entered a VERY messy house. The floors had not be swept or vacuumed for weeks. The kitchen looked like a tornado went through it and there were toys EVERYWHERE! She just rolled up her sleeves and got right to work cooking and cleaning. She was such a lifesaver!!!! Thank you so much, Mama, for everything you did! We love you and really appreciate what you did.

After staying a week and helping out it was apparent that I was not getting any better. She had to get home to her family. She very bravely loaded up both of the kids and took them home with her. My parents live only two hours from my in-laws so they came and got Andrew. It was decided that each child would spend 1.5 weeks with each set of grandparents. It was really good for the kids to have that special one on one time with their grandparents. And it was really good for me to have three weeks of rest. It was during that time I was experimenting with different meds trying to find what would work best. One of the meds I tried made me so tired and I ended up sleeping the days away. So it was good that the kids were getting taken care of elsewhere.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO MY PARENTS AND PHIL'S PARENTS!! We appreciate everything you all have done for us during this time. We are so blessed to have such wonderful parents who dropped a lot to help us. We love you!

Well, now the kids are home and getting back into the swing of things. It has been a huge adjustment for all of us, but with God's help we will make it. We are hopeful that the further along I get the better I will feel. We are certainly praying that way. Only 25 weeks to go. :)

Here are a few fun pictures of the kids. Andrew bought a slip and slide with his money that he earned working at Papa and Nana's house. They got to enjoy it yesterday for the first time.





And here is proof that I am still alive. My little girl still is able to make me smile. She likes taking care of mommy and the baby. :)


7 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you are doing better! Keep hanging in there!!!!

zekesmom10 said...

Val,
You are doing great! And you look lovely!

The Hansen's said...

Valerie,
We have been praying for you. Glad to know that you are feeling better and we will continue to pray for a healthy baby!

Blessings,

Deb

Unknown said...

Val,
I have been wondering about you! I am so sorry that it has been so hard. You are in my prayers, and I sure hope it gets better and better!

Mindee said...

Good to hear from you again. I hope you keep feeling better.

Catherine said...

Yea! So glad you're still alive! Yea! for grandparents - they're the greatest! Isn't it amazing sometimes what we have to go through to get these precious children? So sorry it's been so hard on you Val! Love ya.

Ann-Marie said...

Yea! I am so glad you are feeling better! I'm grateful you have such fab in-laws, what a HUGE help! Can't wait to hear more baby news!