Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Secret Is Out

I know some of you are thinking, "Secret? What secret?"
Some of you know this and some of you don't.

*deep breath*

I am 6.5 weeks pregnant. Surprise!!! Back in March God laid it on our hearts to have another child. It was neat to see how God brought both me and Phil to the same page on this issue. We were ready to let go and let God. Since it took us nearly 5 years to conceive Carole, we didn't figure it would be in the too near future. We decided that if God really wanted us to have another He would open up my womb and make it so. Well... He must have really wanted us to have another because it sure didn't take long. :o) Phil and I are shocked and amazed at God's goodness. What a precious gift He has given us again! My due date is Decemeber 24th, so Christmas is going to be extra special and busy this year!

Please be in prayer for me. As with my last pregnancy I am VERY sick. Yesterday I could not keep anything down and was about to go into the hospital for an IV. My new OB, whom I have not even met yet, called in a prescription for me that stopped the continuous vomiting. Therefore I was saved from the hospital trip. I am still very sick. I have already lost 8lbs. So please pray that I will feel better soon. I need to start gaining weight, not losing it.

I do need to say this. I have a WONDERFUL husband. I love you, Phil!! He has been taking such good care of me and the kids. Not only has he had to be Mr. Mom but he has also had to prepare meals. Food and me just don't get along. So please keep him in your prayers as he balances his responsibilities here at home as well as at the church.

Thank you in advance for your prayers!

12 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Yea!!! Congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Yay!!! Yay!!!! Congratulations! God is so good all the time! Yes, I'll pray for you, and I sure hope the sickness doesn't last too long.

Mindee said...

Congrats Val! I am very excited for you and your family. I pray that you will be able to get feeling better really soon. How exciting a Christmas baby.

Kelly said...

HHHHOOOORRRAAAY!!!
I'm so excited for you guys!

Catherine said...

Awwww, we're so happy for you!! I wish I was closer to you so I could help you out. Love you guys!

Miss Chaplin said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you. I'll be praying that this pregnancy is easier than the last one. (And I'll actually be in the country in December....hum...)

Parke said...

Very happy for you folks!

Kirstin said...

Congratulations Val! I'm so glad to hear your good news.

Kirstin said...

Hey, that's the first time your blog has ever let me leave a comment! Yay!

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so happy for you, Val! And I will definitely be praying for the sickness to stop...and soon! :-) SO EXCITED!!!

Mommy Missionary said...

Somehow I don't have your blog tagged on my computer, but now I am officially a follower. Congrats on the baby! Praying that as you deal with the sickness you will consider that you are suffering and suffering can draw us closer to Christ. Use this time to cling to him all the more and spend more time with him. The worst times in my life are the ones God has done the best work in me. And I guess you need to change the name of your blog.... :)

Unknown said...

Val, how are ya? You have been on my mind. Just want you to know that I was thinking about you.