Saturday, August 01, 2009

Fun at the local County Fair

Yesterday we took the kids to the local county fair. This was their first time to ever go to a county fair. Of course the highlight was the farm animals! :) There were cows, chickens, ducks, rabbits, goats, pigs, and sheep. They were surprisingly very understanding when we told them that we didn't have any money to ride on any rides. My outrageous medical bills are starting to trickle in, so we are having to be very careful with our money.

Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying some of the animals.


That little lamb loved Carole. He even gave her a kiss a few times. :)






I think they were most impressed by the very big mama pig. She had her piglets with her too.

A fun time was had by all! Now Carole wants a bunny and Andrew wants a pig.
Sorry kids, I think we will remain pet free. :)

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Totally LOVE the fair - haven't taken the kids in a few years - but the animals are definitely the best part! So glad you're feeling good to go!

Loved having your mom and Monk - I mean your dad (!!!!) here with us last week. Had lots of fun with them, and then I ended up with a nasty case of the flu the morning they left us - sure hope they didn't get it!

Unknown said...

Chris and Eli went to 'the sale' today. I am not really sure what it's really called, but it is where they sale farm animals. We got rid of all of our goats. YAY!! It was that or kill them (I would kill them)! They were eating my plants--rosebushes that were my mothers. Anyway the boys always enjoy all the animals and come home telling me what we need.


Anyway, I am SO glad to hear from you, and even happier that you are out and about!

Ann-Marie said...

Bunnies make great pets...I'm just sayin'!