Monday, November 26, 2007

Kid's Say the Funniest Things

Story #1
A few nights ago I noticed Andrew's cheeks looked a little chapped. I rubbed lotion into his face and explained to him that when it gets cold out our skin gets dry and needs a drink of lotion. He held perfectly still while I applied it and then took off to play. A few minutes later he came back with a pouty look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Mommy, my cheeks are all poky now." LOL! His poor little cheeks were so chapped that the lotion had a stinging effect on them.

Story #2
One evening we all were playing together on the floor. We were playing tag, reading books, playing hide-and-go-seek, etc. The kids were having a great time. Andrew all of a sudden burst out saying, "We have the bestest famiwee!" :-)

Story #3
Tonight we made a supreme pizza for supper. Andrew loves pizza, but like any kid, has a hard time eating the green peppers, onions, and black olives. He had them all picked off and in a pile on his plate. He said, "Mommy, I can't eat these yucky things." Of course he gave me the big brown eye look with the poochy lip out. I said, "I am sorry, but you have to try to eat them. They will make you grow big and strong just like Daddy." As we all know, Andrew is a very small boy for his age. I went on eating my supper and didn't pay any attention to him. Next thing I know he says, "Mommy, look! I finished my veggies! Surprise!" Then his facial expressions changed quite drastically and he quietly put his head down and said, "But I am still wittle." LOL!!! Phil and I laughed so hard! I guess mommy needs to be more careful what she says from now on.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! You are going to think this nuts, but I stumbled onto your blog while trying to show my husband my new blog (I don't really know what I am doing). I felt kind of guilty reading your blog since I do not know you. However, I couldn't help but notice your family picture. I noticed that your son is fairly dark skinned compared to you and your husband and daughter. I know this is sounding crazy to you. BUT, my husband and I are adopting internationally from the Philippines and were curious about your family. I told him, "I can't comment to her. She'll think I am crazy!" But he noted some similarities in our families. I don't believe in chance or accident, and for whatever reason, it was meant for me to stumble onto your blog.

I hope you get this as I noticed that you haven't posted in quite a while, and I hope you don't think I am too crazy. I hope you feel free to share.

Unknown said...

Hi! I am posting this comment with reservation. I noticed that you haven't posted in a while, so I hope you get this.

I stumbled onto your blog while trying to get to mine. I am NEW at blogging, and I couldn't remember my site. :)

You have a beautiful family, by the way. What I noticed about your family is that your son is dark skinned. I know you are thinking this strange and maybe even offensive, but my husband and I are adopting from the Philippines and were wondering if perhaps your son was adopted. Our family will look somewhat like yours with the beautiful differences in skin color. Please do not feel obligated to answer my questions, and the last thing I want to do is offend you, but if you feel open to share, please do. I do not believe in chance or accident; for whatever reason, it was meant for us to find your blog.

Sabrina

Unknown said...

Oops! I thought I lost my original comment and retyped. I am so sorry!!

Valorie said...

Sabrina,
You are right, I haven't posted in awhile! Our lives have been crazy here lately. I don't know how to reach you as I cannot access your profile. So I am responding here.

I am in no way offended. Our son is adopted, but not internationally. He was born here in the states. He is part Native American, Puerto Rican, and Hispanic. I would love to chat with you about adoption sometime but don't feel comfortable posting my email address to the whole public.

I hope you find this comment and I apologize for not getting back to you. Today is the first day I have checked our blog in a LONG time.

Unknown said...

Valorie! Wow! Thank you so much for replying. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back here. Life has been busy. I think we have had birthday parties every Saturday for months--it feels that way. Anyway, I am so glad that I did not offend you. It has crossed my mind so many times. We have actually thought that our next adoption (assuming there may be another one later), might be domestically of a multi-racial baby. I would love to hear your story and get any insight in the adoption world. We are still waiting for referral at this point.

I don't know how to get around the email address being seen to the public deal, but my blog site is http://ourfamilyof4blog.blogspot.com/. Is there a way around the email issue, you think? I am not too blog savvy! I look forward to hearing from you soon.