Monday, August 20, 2007

First of all, I am going to start off by saying that our living room lamps are in BAD shape. Mmmm... I wonder how they got that way? The shade on one of them is barely hanging on and falls off a lot. Well, today Andrew bumped the end table as he rumbled by and the shade fell clean off. Carole immediately erupted into tears. She came running up to me in a tearful voice saying, "Ma ma, uh-oh, uh-oh." She took my hand with one hand and pointed to the broken lamp with her other hand as she led me over to the scene of the crime. She did not stop crying until the lamp was fixed. I just thought it was so cute how she was very concerned about the lamp being broken. Maybe she thought she would get in trouble for it. :-)

Today I took the kids to the grocery store by myself. That was an interesting trip. I can say it was the first time Carole went to the store without screaming and embarrassing me. I had Carole in the baby carrier on my front and Andrew in the cart. All in all, it went pretty well. Maybe that is because I brought a container of goldfish crackers. So it wasn't so bad until we got to the checkout counter. Andrew was holding onto food and not letting the cashier take it. While I was trying to deal with him Carole was pulling everything out of my purse that was sitting on the counter. One thing is for sure, the cashier and the bagger got their laughs for the day. The cashier said, "Don't you normally come with just one of them or by yourself?" YEP! :-)

No comments: