Wednesday, July 25, 2007

But Why?

As I have mentioned earlier, Andrew is going through the "why" stage. Everything is "why?" all of the time. This morning we were invited to go play at a friend's house. I was trying to get the kids into the minivan when Andrew started in. "Why are we going to Ciara's house? Why are we getting in the van? Why, why, why?" On and on he went. Finally I just said, "Because I said so!!!" In our five minute drive to her house Andrew was chatting away nonchalantly. I don't even remember for sure what he was saying, but I asked him, "Why?" He answered my question calmly but I just kept repeating, "Why?" I did this in my best high pitched toddler whine just like he does. He finally answered in great frustration, "Because I said, Mom!" I just busted up laughing! I told him now he knows how I feel when he repetitively says "why" to me. He said, "Okay Mom, sorry." We will see how long his understanding lasts! :-)

No comments: