Friday, November 19, 2010

Give Thanks!

This verse does not say to give thanks in some things or to give thanks only when something good happens. It says to give thanks in EVERYTHING! Even when something bad happens you can still find something to be thankful for.

My family has had a rough 2-3 weeks. We all passed around the stomach flu and upon getting better from that we all passed around a really nasty head cold. Caleb has been the sickest out of all of us! As hard as it is to watch my child suffer, I found myself thanking God that these sicknesses are only temporary. Caleb will be okay. These sickness are not a permanent disease that could eventually take his life.

And my house... yes, it is a terrible mess. Being sick for 2 weeks kind of lets your house fall apart. But I can and will be thankful for the mess and the heaping piles of dirty laundry. Do you know why? Because the messy house and the huge piles of laundry means that I have a family. I have a husband and three wonderful children and I consider myself EXTREMELY blessed. Without them I could have a clean home and a lot less laundry, but what would be the fun in that? I would much rather have a messy home and share my life with these four wonderful people.

So no matter what is happening right now in your life, look for the silver lining and thank God in EVERYTHING.

"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: