Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bug Bites

One night after bath time I notice one of Andrew's eyes was a little swollen (nothing like these pictures). I thought nothing of it knowing that he had walked into a door that day. I thought it was just another battle wound. The next morning it was swollen a bit more. As the day progressed his eye nearly swelled shut and it stayed swollen for a few days. It was then that I deduced that it must have been a bug bite. The flies and mosquitoes are HORRIBLE this year. I don't remember them being this bad. This morning I took the kids to the park and ended up leaving because the mosquitoes were eating Carole alive. The poor girl has more red bites on her legs than healthy skin.

I just had to share these pictures of Andrew. He was so proud of his eye wanting to show it off to all. Just like a boy! His eye is now completely back to normal. Now we have new bites, bruises and cuts to show off. ;o)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my! The mosquitos have been bad here too. You'd have thought that long winter would have killed them all off, but no such luck. Andrew looks so cute in those pictures - swollen eye and all!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Aww, bless his heart!

Hey, FYI, there's a contest on my blog this weekend...just in case you are interested. :)

Dawn said...

Oh, that looks so painful! Poor little guy!